For ages 4 – 7. The Y teaches the basics of fielding, hitting, & positioning. Sportmanship and fun will be the main focus.
All games are held at the Manning Field on Plain Street in Lowell (just beyond Westlawn Cemetery). Games are played on Tuesday & Wednesday at either 6:00 PM or 7:00 PM. Should there be a need for a makeup, those games will be played on Thursday evenings.
SESSION Begins July 9 and runs through August 15, 2013
Children should wear comfortable clothes and sneakers or cleats. Team shirts will be give out on the first day.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED. If interested, please contact Ashley Rivera at 978-454-7825 or KMorrissey@lowellymca.org.
What to Bring
- Positive attitude
- Baseball glove
- Hats, bug spray, water, and sunscreen (optional, but suggested)
Please note: The YMCA will provide the equipment and jerseys
- All parents and participants are urged to positively support all players. Everybody needs to maintain and encourage a friendly, supportive, and positive attitude at all times
- Games must start and end on time. Warm up your team in an adjacent area prior to your game if needed
- Everybody plays, everybody wins! There are no outs of any kind (including strikeouts)
- Games will be scheduled for 1 hour (usually about 2-3 innings)
- An inning ends after every player has batted
- Each batter/base runner will advance one until the last batter of the inning hits. At that point all runners will run home
- All players must wear a batting helmet when at bat, on deck, or running the bases
- All players will hit off the tee for the first 2 weeks. After that the coach will determine if he/she can pitch to a child
- If pitching to a child, please do not throw more than 6 pitches before having the child use the tee
- Coaches are permitted on the field to help teach the kids positions and hitting
- All team members will be on the field while the other team is at bat
- Parents, please do not leave your child/children at the field unattended
- No score or points will be awarded. After all, its always a tie at the Y J
In the event of poor weather conditions, if you are unsure as to whether or not there will be a game, please feel free to contact the YMCA front desk after 5:00pm at (978) 454-7825.
Directions to Manning Field (from the YMCA)
- Leave YMCA parking lot
- Take a right at the lights (onto Thorndike St.)
- Go under the Lowell Connector and stay straight
- Take a right onto Spencer St. (after the cemetery)
- At the end of Spencer St. take a left onto Boston Rd.
- Manning field is the baseball field on the right